Research shows that for families in Houston, a high percent of marriages end in divorce. If you are planning to get a divorce, you may be going through a tough time right now. However, a skilled family law attorney in Houston will make the divorce process easy for you. A child custody attorney will help you avoid many common mistakes that can make you miserable for a long time.
The divorce process is complicated, especially when children are involved. The entire family is affected and changed, and the process may be confusing and traumatic for you. When two people get divorced in Houston, they often face many issues such as child support, child custody, and spousal support to name a few. A family lawyer will make sure your custody agreement is fair to you and your kids. An experienced attorney will also make sure the child support payments are fair. If you are a victim of domestic violence, a family law lawyer can tell you which legal steps should be taken. Speaking with a qualified lawyer in Houston is essential before you make any decisions and it will prevent future complications in your life.
These issues are emotionally trying and legally complex for all the family members who are involved. Whether you’re a mom or a dad who is seeking custody of your kids, or if you’re trying to resolve a legal matter that pertains to your children, a child custody lawyer in Houston can help you.
Divorce Mediation As an Alternative to Traditional Divorce Litigation
Divorce and separation is a stressful and upsetting time for every child involved no matter how old they are. Even adults whose parents decide to separate after a number of years can still be traumatised by the events. And what makes matters worse is that the legal system in this country is not set up properly to deal with custody battle in a number of situations. When one parent decides that they want to move far away from the family home and take the child with them, the justice system is more commonly than not on the side of the mother. The child's wishes and emotional health play little part.
During the Victorian era, men were always granted custody whenever a marriage dissolved, no matter what the reason and the competence of the mother to look after their child. Now, we see that women are more often than not granted custody of their children when a marriage or partnership ends, often with a harsh settlement deal for the father.
Campaigners are now trying to find a middle point between these two extremes by making the child's life easier during this time and continuing their access to both parents, unless of course there has been violence or mental damage done by one party.
A report has been published recently which criticises the court's reluctance to give custody rights to fathers over mothers, and allows a mother to move far with the child so that the father is unable to see their child. It has called this action 'state-sanctioned kidnap' because the courts do not prevent one party taking their child a long distance away from their former partner.
Forcing a child to leave one of their parents, their other relatives, friends and the school which they have grown up in causes children emotional harm, stress and damage in the long-term. Judges have sometimes seemed to totally ignore the wishes of the child and granted custody to a parent when they showed a greater wish to stay with the other parent.
If you are going through a separation at the moment and children are involved, speak to a family lawyer like Raleys Solicitors who will be able to talk through your situation and help you decide on the best course of action for you and your child.
Divorce Mediation As an Alternative to Traditional Divorce Litigation
In family law, a lawyer can deal with many different cases, which fall under it. This field deals with the different issues that are often related to this basic unit of society. The main point of the attorneys that practice here is to keep the peace within the unit and help the members be in harmony with each other. There is a variety of cases that fall sunder this filed. Examples are divorce, separation, annulment, adoption, spousal abuse, child abuse and many others.
Family unions are among the many cases that a lawyer may encounter in family law. The union and dissolution of people is often dealt with in this field. Prenuptial agreements are usually drafted and made by legal representatives who are very well versed in the laws that govern these unions. These agreements usually outline the conditions of the marriage and deals with the results or outcome of the union when an end is apparent. The same professionals who can draft and make the prenuptial agreements deal with divorce, legal separation and annulments. The many different aspects of the dissolution of the union are also part of the responsibility of the attorney. These include dependents such as children and pets, properties and assets as well as others. There has to be an agreement between both parties regarding the many different matters that often come up when partners dissolve their union or partnership. If there is no agreement, both parties may need to go court and be heard by a judge. The lawyer usually represents his client in the meetings for the amicable dissolution of the union as well as the hearings that will follow if there is no agreement reached. It is important that the client outline his or her preferences to the attorney before attending any meetings in which the terms of the dissolution will be discussed. This is so that there is already a clear understanding between the attorney and the client as to what the goals of the meetings are.
There are also some issues, which may arise during the duration of the union that the client is in. The lawyer can deal with family matters such those concerning children; for example, surrogacy, adoption, abuse and others. Matters between the spouses can also be part of the responsibilities of the attorney, such as spousal abuse and paternity fraud and testing. If the union is still standing, either one of the partners or spouses may file for a divorce or an annulment to end the partnership of marriage.
The attorney's services also include legal counseling for his client. This is a vital service which will help the individual understand the gravity of his case as well as comprehend how successful a case can be. The legal counsel will meet with his client and listen to his case; after which he will point out the different options available to the client. The lawyer can also guide the client in such a way that he or she stays within the legal boundaries of the case.
- Houston Find A Divorce Lawyer
- Bellaire Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Sugar Land Best Divorce Lawyers
- Missouri City Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Katy Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Cinco Ranch Best Family Law Attorney
- Richmond Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Rosenberg Lawyer Divorce
- Energy Corridor Divorce Lawyer Consultation
- Jersey Village Find A Divorce Lawyer
- Spring Find A Divorce Lawyer
- The Woodlands Uncontested Divorce Attorney
- Pearland International Divorce Lawyer
- Greatwood Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Fulshear International Divorce Lawyer
- Pasadena Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Piney Point Village Find A Divorce Lawyer
- Hedwig Village Divorce Lawyers For Women
- Oak Forest Best Family Law Attorney
- Sienna Plantation Best Family Law Attorney
- Pecan Grove Women Divorce Lawyers
- Aliana Divorce Lawyer Consultation
- West University Best Family Law Attorney
- Greenspoint Attorney Family
- Champion Forest Attorney Family
- Willowbrook Best Family Law Attorney
- Humble Female Divorce Lawyers
- Kingwood Divorce Lawyer Consultation
- Atascocita International Divorce Lawyer
- Cypress Find A Divorce Lawyer
- Hunters Creek Village Divorce Lawyers For Women
- Spring Valley Village Female Divorce Attorney
- New Territory International Divorce Lawyer
- Stafford Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Westchase Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Briarforest Attorney Family
- Memorial Divorce Attorney Fees
- Heights Uncontested Divorce Attorney
- River Oaks Divorce Attorney Fees
- Montrose Divorce Lawyer Consultation
- Upper Kirby Find A Divorce Lawyer
- Midtown Divorce Lawyers For Men
- Rice Military Divorce Lawyers For Men
- East Downtown Attorney Family
- Greenway Divorce Lawyer Consultation
- Clear Lake Female Divorce Lawyers
- Downtown Lawyer Divorce
- Galleria Divorce Attorney Fees
- Tomball Divorce Lawyer Consultation
- Hobby Area Female Divorce Attorney
- Rice Village Best Divorce Lawyers
- Museum District Best Family Law Attorney
- Sharpstown Attorney Family
- Gulfton Female Divorce Attorney
- Shadow Creek Ranch Find A Divorce Lawyer
- Quail Valley Divorce Lawyers For Men
- Sweetwater Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Alvin Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Friendswood Divorce Attorney Fees
- Baytown Female Divorce Lawyers
- La Porte Best Family Law Attorney
- Kemah Divorce Lawyers For Women
- La Marque Women Divorce Lawyers
- Texas City Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Galveston Divorce Lawyers For Men
- Rosharon Female Divorce Lawyers
- Angleton Female Divorce Lawyers
- Space Center Uncontested Divorce Attorney
- Theater District Lawyer Divorce