Research shows that for families in Houston, a high percent of marriages end in divorce. If you are planning to get a divorce, you may be going through a tough time right now. However, a skilled family law attorney in Houston will make the divorce process easy for you. A child custody attorney will help you avoid many common mistakes that can make you miserable for a long time.
The divorce process is complicated, especially when children are involved. The entire family is affected and changed, and the process may be confusing and traumatic for you. When two people get divorced in Houston, they often face many issues such as child support, child custody, and spousal support to name a few. A family lawyer will make sure your custody agreement is fair to you and your kids. An experienced attorney will also make sure the child support payments are fair. If you are a victim of domestic violence, a family law lawyer can tell you which legal steps should be taken. Speaking with a qualified lawyer in Houston is essential before you make any decisions and it will prevent future complications in your life.
These issues are emotionally trying and legally complex for all the family members who are involved. Whether you’re a mom or a dad who is seeking custody of your kids, or if you’re trying to resolve a legal matter that pertains to your children, a child custody lawyer in Houston can help you.
Services Offered by a Child Custody Lawyer
Whenever someone thinks of the word "divorce," it brings to mind several different emotions. Hurt and betrayal are just a couple of them. Drawing a divorce agreement can be an extremely messy and devastating time for a couple. However, if they have children, this task can be even more difficult. This is where a child custody lawyer comes into play. The services they offer can help both parties in their battle to determine and solve the many issues that will arise during the divorce proceedings.
The first is fighting for child custody. There are several different ways this can turn out. The most common is joint or shared custody. Whenever parents have shared or joint legal custody, they each retain their parental rights as the minor(s) legal guardians. This still allows both parents to make major decisions for those in question. These decisions would mostly be those that pertain to medical care and anything else that requires consent from both legal guardians. An attorney can also fight on behalf of a parent for sole legal custody of the minor. This means that only one parent has the legal right to make major decisions concerning the minor's medical wellbeing, religion, or education.
These attorneys also fight for child support. A child custody lawyer can debate in the initial proceedings, presenting to the judge figures such as taxable income or other means of support one of the parents receives. This helps the judge determine a fair amount of child support that one of the parents is obligated to pay to the other. However, these attorneys can also bring the ex-spouse/parent back to court if they are not paying enough money or paying it on time. This sets the legal wheel in motion on collecting back pay. They can also bring him or her back if their income increases. This allows the parent that keeps the kids for most of the time to receive a fair amount from the other parent.
The last piece of the custody puzzle is visitation rights. Whenever parents maintain joint custody of their children, there has to be an arrangement that allows each parent to see the children. There are several different types of visitation. The most common one is unsupervised visitation. Unsupervised visitation means that each parent is scheduled certain times they are allowed to see the child. During this time, they are free to take them to their homes or to go on outings. Supervised visitations are visitations where at least one of the parents is required to have another adult present for the visit with the children. Often a time, this adult is a social worker who will make sure nothing out of the ordinary or inappropriate happens during the visit.
Going through a divorce is a mess. Each spouse seems to place blame on the other, and neither of them wants the other to abuse their parental rights. A child custody lawyer will fight for parental rights and is the best way to ensure each receives the time with the children s/he deserves.
Child Custody Lawyers Facilitate Parents Desire for Custody
In family law, a lawyer can deal with many different cases, which fall under it. This field deals with the different issues that are often related to this basic unit of society. The main point of the attorneys that practice here is to keep the peace within the unit and help the members be in harmony with each other. There is a variety of cases that fall sunder this filed. Examples are divorce, separation, annulment, adoption, spousal abuse, child abuse and many others.
Family unions are among the many cases that a lawyer may encounter in family law. The union and dissolution of people is often dealt with in this field. Prenuptial agreements are usually drafted and made by legal representatives who are very well versed in the laws that govern these unions. These agreements usually outline the conditions of the marriage and deals with the results or outcome of the union when an end is apparent. The same professionals who can draft and make the prenuptial agreements deal with divorce, legal separation and annulments. The many different aspects of the dissolution of the union are also part of the responsibility of the attorney. These include dependents such as children and pets, properties and assets as well as others. There has to be an agreement between both parties regarding the many different matters that often come up when partners dissolve their union or partnership. If there is no agreement, both parties may need to go court and be heard by a judge. The lawyer usually represents his client in the meetings for the amicable dissolution of the union as well as the hearings that will follow if there is no agreement reached. It is important that the client outline his or her preferences to the attorney before attending any meetings in which the terms of the dissolution will be discussed. This is so that there is already a clear understanding between the attorney and the client as to what the goals of the meetings are.
There are also some issues, which may arise during the duration of the union that the client is in. The lawyer can deal with family matters such those concerning children; for example, surrogacy, adoption, abuse and others. Matters between the spouses can also be part of the responsibilities of the attorney, such as spousal abuse and paternity fraud and testing. If the union is still standing, either one of the partners or spouses may file for a divorce or an annulment to end the partnership of marriage.
The attorney's services also include legal counseling for his client. This is a vital service which will help the individual understand the gravity of his case as well as comprehend how successful a case can be. The legal counsel will meet with his client and listen to his case; after which he will point out the different options available to the client. The lawyer can also guide the client in such a way that he or she stays within the legal boundaries of the case.
- Houston Find A Divorce Lawyer
- Bellaire Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Sugar Land Best Divorce Lawyers
- Missouri City Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Katy Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Cinco Ranch Best Family Law Attorney
- Richmond Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Rosenberg Lawyer Divorce
- Energy Corridor Divorce Lawyer Consultation
- Jersey Village Find A Divorce Lawyer
- Spring Find A Divorce Lawyer
- The Woodlands Uncontested Divorce Attorney
- Pearland International Divorce Lawyer
- Greatwood Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Fulshear International Divorce Lawyer
- Pasadena Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Piney Point Village Find A Divorce Lawyer
- Hedwig Village Divorce Lawyers For Women
- Oak Forest Best Family Law Attorney
- Sienna Plantation Best Family Law Attorney
- Pecan Grove Women Divorce Lawyers
- Aliana Divorce Lawyer Consultation
- West University Best Family Law Attorney
- Greenspoint Attorney Family
- Champion Forest Attorney Family
- Willowbrook Best Family Law Attorney
- Humble Female Divorce Lawyers
- Kingwood Divorce Lawyer Consultation
- Atascocita International Divorce Lawyer
- Cypress Find A Divorce Lawyer
- Hunters Creek Village Divorce Lawyers For Women
- Spring Valley Village Female Divorce Attorney
- New Territory International Divorce Lawyer
- Stafford Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Westchase Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Briarforest Attorney Family
- Memorial Divorce Attorney Fees
- Heights Uncontested Divorce Attorney
- River Oaks Divorce Attorney Fees
- Montrose Divorce Lawyer Consultation
- Upper Kirby Find A Divorce Lawyer
- Midtown Divorce Lawyers For Men
- Rice Military Divorce Lawyers For Men
- East Downtown Attorney Family
- Greenway Divorce Lawyer Consultation
- Clear Lake Female Divorce Lawyers
- Downtown Lawyer Divorce
- Galleria Divorce Attorney Fees
- Tomball Divorce Lawyer Consultation
- Hobby Area Female Divorce Attorney
- Rice Village Best Divorce Lawyers
- Museum District Best Family Law Attorney
- Sharpstown Attorney Family
- Gulfton Female Divorce Attorney
- Shadow Creek Ranch Find A Divorce Lawyer
- Quail Valley Divorce Lawyers For Men
- Sweetwater Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Alvin Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Friendswood Divorce Attorney Fees
- Baytown Female Divorce Lawyers
- La Porte Best Family Law Attorney
- Kemah Divorce Lawyers For Women
- La Marque Women Divorce Lawyers
- Texas City Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Galveston Divorce Lawyers For Men
- Rosharon Female Divorce Lawyers
- Angleton Female Divorce Lawyers
- Space Center Uncontested Divorce Attorney
- Theater District Lawyer Divorce