Research shows that for families in Houston, a high percent of marriages end in divorce. If you are planning to get a divorce, you may be going through a tough time right now. However, a skilled family law attorney in Houston will make the divorce process easy for you. A child custody attorney will help you avoid many common mistakes that can make you miserable for a long time.
The divorce process is complicated, especially when children are involved. The entire family is affected and changed, and the process may be confusing and traumatic for you. When two people get divorced in Houston, they often face many issues such as child support, child custody, and spousal support to name a few. A family lawyer will make sure your custody agreement is fair to you and your kids. An experienced attorney will also make sure the child support payments are fair. If you are a victim of domestic violence, a family law lawyer can tell you which legal steps should be taken. Speaking with a qualified lawyer in Houston is essential before you make any decisions and it will prevent future complications in your life.
These issues are emotionally trying and legally complex for all the family members who are involved. Whether you’re a mom or a dad who is seeking custody of your kids, or if you’re trying to resolve a legal matter that pertains to your children, a child custody lawyer in Houston can help you.
Divorce Mediation As an Alternative to Traditional Divorce Litigation
Mediation is the process in which parties attempt to settle and resolve disputes, divide property, and determine child custody issues using a Rhode Island Mediator.
The purpose of the mediation process is an attempt to curtail a long, contentious and expensive court battle in Rhode Island Family Court. A mediator is a neutral third party who seeks to facilitate a settlement or compromise rather than decide the case. Rhode Island Family Court Judges decide Cases. Rhode Island Divorce Lawyers advocate for their clients best interest and seek to get their client the best disposition possible.
Mediators are neutral and attempt to facilitate an agreement between the parties. A mediator is similar to a referee. A mediator seeks to facilitate creative solutions to problems, disputes and feuds. Mediation occurs in a Lawyers conference room not a courtroom and should be less stressful than a contested divorce or child custody battle.
Mediation should be less expensive than a litigated RI divorce. Mediation allows you to resolve your Divorce, Child Custody Dispute or Family Law Case on your schedule not the Courts schedule. Mediation is usually a lot less time consuming then a contested divorce. Mediation allows you to Come to a mutually agreed upon result rather than having a disposition forced upon you.
Mediation sessions could also occur in the middle of a RI Contested Divorce in which both parties have Rhode Island Divorce or Family Court Case or Family Lawyers representing them. The parties can meet with the mediator in the middle of the divorce and seek to obtain a compromise that the Lawyers / Attorneys were unable to achieve. In some divorce cases, it becomes increasingly obvious that it is the attorneys who are battling more than the clients and it is the attorneys who appear to need a "divorce".
The Rhode Island divorce process can be destructive to the children and the parties.
A contested divorce may involve endless posturing between the parties and attorneys in Family Court. There is often bickering and petty disputes that occurs in Providence, Kent, Washington and Newport Family Court. There is often endless waiting for a court hearing or trial that may never happen. There is often endless court dates, and nonstop continuances. The Divorce process can be a long, drawn out battle involving a massive amount of legal fees, countless court appearances and incredible amounts of stress.
Mediation allows the parties to skip the expensive and often stressful process of competing attorneys posturing to get leverage. Mediation is a way to avoid endless court appearances, endless continuances, waiting in Court
The Sad reality is that often the parties could have come up with the same resolution of their disputes at the beginning of the case through the mediation process without the huge combined legal bill, without the missed days of work and without the stress.
The Mediation Process can help parents learn how to co-parent and come up with a visitation schedule or custody plan on their own terms.
Many parties should at least try mediation as a way to attempt to settle their divorce on their own terms. Mediation allows parties to be invested in resolving their disputes rather than allowing the judge to make the decision.
Divorce is usually not a "win- loss" process. Rhode Island is an equitable division of assets state Therefore, no one usually completely "wins" in a Rhode Island divorce. A mediator can help the parties come to an equitable division of the Real Estate, Pensions, 401k, boats, cars, businesses, property, cd's, marital debts.
-Stop the Madness,
- End the "divorce war",
-Curtail out of control legal fees,
-Divorce with Dignity,
-Protect your Children from the adverse consequences of a contested divorce,
- Become invested in the process,
-At least attempt an amicable settlement before the Divorce battle begins.
If the parties cannot agree and are not willing to make at least some concessions to their positions / claims then mediation will probably not work. If the mediation is successful then Rhode Island Mediator David Slepkow will draft a memorandum of understanding or a Parenting plan.
Attorneys legal Notice per RI Rules of Professional Responsibility:
The Rhode Island Supreme Court licenses all lawyers in the general practice of law, but does not license or certify any lawyer or attorney as an expert or specialist in any field of practice.
A Talented Child Custody Lawyer Will Help You Prevent Complications In The Future
Whenever someone thinks of the word "divorce," it brings to mind several different emotions. Hurt and betrayal are just a couple of them. Drawing a divorce agreement can be an extremely messy and devastating time for a couple. However, if they have children, this task can be even more difficult. This is where a child custody lawyer comes into play. The services they offer can help both parties in their battle to determine and solve the many issues that will arise during the divorce proceedings.
The first is fighting for child custody. There are several different ways this can turn out. The most common is joint or shared custody. Whenever parents have shared or joint legal custody, they each retain their parental rights as the minor(s) legal guardians. This still allows both parents to make major decisions for those in question. These decisions would mostly be those that pertain to medical care and anything else that requires consent from both legal guardians. An attorney can also fight on behalf of a parent for sole legal custody of the minor. This means that only one parent has the legal right to make major decisions concerning the minor's medical wellbeing, religion, or education.
These attorneys also fight for child support. A child custody lawyer can debate in the initial proceedings, presenting to the judge figures such as taxable income or other means of support one of the parents receives. This helps the judge determine a fair amount of child support that one of the parents is obligated to pay to the other. However, these attorneys can also bring the ex-spouse/parent back to court if they are not paying enough money or paying it on time. This sets the legal wheel in motion on collecting back pay. They can also bring him or her back if their income increases. This allows the parent that keeps the kids for most of the time to receive a fair amount from the other parent.
The last piece of the custody puzzle is visitation rights. Whenever parents maintain joint custody of their children, there has to be an arrangement that allows each parent to see the children. There are several different types of visitation. The most common one is unsupervised visitation. Unsupervised visitation means that each parent is scheduled certain times they are allowed to see the child. During this time, they are free to take them to their homes or to go on outings. Supervised visitations are visitations where at least one of the parents is required to have another adult present for the visit with the children. Often a time, this adult is a social worker who will make sure nothing out of the ordinary or inappropriate happens during the visit.
Going through a divorce is a mess. Each spouse seems to place blame on the other, and neither of them wants the other to abuse their parental rights. A child custody lawyer will fight for parental rights and is the best way to ensure each receives the time with the children s/he deserves.
- Houston Find A Divorce Lawyer
- Bellaire Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Sugar Land Best Divorce Lawyers
- Missouri City Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Katy Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Cinco Ranch Best Family Law Attorney
- Richmond Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Rosenberg Lawyer Divorce
- Energy Corridor Divorce Lawyer Consultation
- Jersey Village Find A Divorce Lawyer
- Spring Find A Divorce Lawyer
- The Woodlands Uncontested Divorce Attorney
- Pearland International Divorce Lawyer
- Greatwood Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Fulshear International Divorce Lawyer
- Pasadena Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Piney Point Village Find A Divorce Lawyer
- Hedwig Village Divorce Lawyers For Women
- Oak Forest Best Family Law Attorney
- Sienna Plantation Best Family Law Attorney
- Pecan Grove Women Divorce Lawyers
- Aliana Divorce Lawyer Consultation
- West University Best Family Law Attorney
- Greenspoint Attorney Family
- Champion Forest Attorney Family
- Willowbrook Best Family Law Attorney
- Humble Female Divorce Lawyers
- Kingwood Divorce Lawyer Consultation
- Atascocita International Divorce Lawyer
- Cypress Find A Divorce Lawyer
- Hunters Creek Village Divorce Lawyers For Women
- Spring Valley Village Female Divorce Attorney
- New Territory International Divorce Lawyer
- Stafford Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Westchase Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Briarforest Attorney Family
- Memorial Divorce Attorney Fees
- Heights Uncontested Divorce Attorney
- River Oaks Divorce Attorney Fees
- Montrose Divorce Lawyer Consultation
- Upper Kirby Find A Divorce Lawyer
- Midtown Divorce Lawyers For Men
- Rice Military Divorce Lawyers For Men
- East Downtown Attorney Family
- Greenway Divorce Lawyer Consultation
- Clear Lake Female Divorce Lawyers
- Downtown Lawyer Divorce
- Galleria Divorce Attorney Fees
- Tomball Divorce Lawyer Consultation
- Hobby Area Female Divorce Attorney
- Rice Village Best Divorce Lawyers
- Museum District Best Family Law Attorney
- Sharpstown Attorney Family
- Gulfton Female Divorce Attorney
- Shadow Creek Ranch Find A Divorce Lawyer
- Quail Valley Divorce Lawyers For Men
- Sweetwater Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Alvin Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Friendswood Divorce Attorney Fees
- Baytown Female Divorce Lawyers
- La Porte Best Family Law Attorney
- Kemah Divorce Lawyers For Women
- La Marque Women Divorce Lawyers
- Texas City Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Galveston Divorce Lawyers For Men
- Rosharon Female Divorce Lawyers
- Angleton Female Divorce Lawyers
- Space Center Uncontested Divorce Attorney
- Theater District Lawyer Divorce