Research shows that for families in Houston, a high percent of marriages end in divorce. If you are planning to get a divorce, you may be going through a tough time right now. However, a skilled family law attorney in Houston will make the divorce process easy for you. A child custody attorney will help you avoid many common mistakes that can make you miserable for a long time.
The divorce process is complicated, especially when children are involved. The entire family is affected and changed, and the process may be confusing and traumatic for you. When two people get divorced in Houston, they often face many issues such as child support, child custody, and spousal support to name a few. A family lawyer will make sure your custody agreement is fair to you and your kids. An experienced attorney will also make sure the child support payments are fair. If you are a victim of domestic violence, a family law lawyer can tell you which legal steps should be taken. Speaking with a qualified lawyer in Houston is essential before you make any decisions and it will prevent future complications in your life.
These issues are emotionally trying and legally complex for all the family members who are involved. Whether you’re a mom or a dad who is seeking custody of your kids, or if you’re trying to resolve a legal matter that pertains to your children, a child custody lawyer in Houston can help you.
Benefits of Hiring a Child Custody Lawyer
When a parent is settling a dispute with their ex-spouse regarding child custody, lawyers who specialize in this area can be incredibly helpful. Their main goal is to protect the rights and interests of their clients and they are effective at achieving these aims.
According to laws across the United States following divorce both parents are responsibility for both caring for their children as well as supporting them financially. In most cases, the parent who is earning money will provide the support but the matter of custody will be determined based on eligibility of both parents. In the ideal situation, the parents work together and create a schedule that shares custody between both of them equally. Despite this, there are still disagreements and these can result in severe conflicts. In the case of a disagreement, parents should turn to child custody lawyers to help them settle each of the disputes and issues and reach an agreement.
Child custody lawyers are knowledgeable about laws concerning child custody and this allows them to follow the various legal procedures that are helpful in a particular case. The first step of these lawyers is almost always to have the parents cooperate so they can reach a settlement and to accomplish this goal, they will offer suggestions. In cases where cooperation seems impossible, the lawyers will turn to other procedures. No matter the legal procedures used, child custody lawyers will always consider the needs and interests of the child involved before reaching a settlement or conclusion. The lawyers will also consider the point of view of the parent who has hired them which is why each party should have its own lawyers.
The court never grants custody to either parent (even the mother) without first considering the relevant information. In the past mothers automatically gained custody of their children but this is not always the case anymore. Working mothers in particular have to take the time to prove that they are eligible to be a custodian parent. Some parents are concerned about proving their eligibility and that is why it is good to hire a child custody lawyer. They are able to prove to the court that their clients are able to not only completely fill the physical and emotional needs of the child, but that they are able to do so more effectively than their ex-spouse.
When trying to gain custody, it is important for a parent to remember that they have already disagreed with their ex-spouse and because of this, both parties will be trying to prove their eligibility. Because of this, it is important to hire child custody lawyers who are experienced and highly skilled to increase the chances of winning custody. No matter what area of the country the lawyers are located in, they should follow the correct legal procedures as this is crucial to protect the interests and rights of their clients and win the custody case. The services of the lawyers mean that both parent and child are legally protected at all times.
Divorce is never easy and if there is a child custody issue before the court the stakes become even higher. Always the goal for any family law attorney is to not only put the safety of the child first, but also to find a pathway to a successful outcome without the type of rancor that will prevent uncomfortable or hostile future interaction.
If you are concerned about your family law case and need a few minutes just to discuss what is going on give Saint-Pre and Associates a call today at (212) 951-0044. Or visit us on the web at [http://www.mikesaintprelaw.com]
Divorce Mediation As an Alternative to Traditional Divorce Litigation
Divorce and separation is a stressful and upsetting time for every child involved no matter how old they are. Even adults whose parents decide to separate after a number of years can still be traumatised by the events. And what makes matters worse is that the legal system in this country is not set up properly to deal with custody battle in a number of situations. When one parent decides that they want to move far away from the family home and take the child with them, the justice system is more commonly than not on the side of the mother. The child's wishes and emotional health play little part.
During the Victorian era, men were always granted custody whenever a marriage dissolved, no matter what the reason and the competence of the mother to look after their child. Now, we see that women are more often than not granted custody of their children when a marriage or partnership ends, often with a harsh settlement deal for the father.
Campaigners are now trying to find a middle point between these two extremes by making the child's life easier during this time and continuing their access to both parents, unless of course there has been violence or mental damage done by one party.
A report has been published recently which criticises the court's reluctance to give custody rights to fathers over mothers, and allows a mother to move far with the child so that the father is unable to see their child. It has called this action 'state-sanctioned kidnap' because the courts do not prevent one party taking their child a long distance away from their former partner.
Forcing a child to leave one of their parents, their other relatives, friends and the school which they have grown up in causes children emotional harm, stress and damage in the long-term. Judges have sometimes seemed to totally ignore the wishes of the child and granted custody to a parent when they showed a greater wish to stay with the other parent.
If you are going through a separation at the moment and children are involved, speak to a family lawyer like Raleys Solicitors who will be able to talk through your situation and help you decide on the best course of action for you and your child.
- Houston Find A Divorce Lawyer
- Bellaire Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Sugar Land Best Divorce Lawyers
- Missouri City Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Katy Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Cinco Ranch Best Family Law Attorney
- Richmond Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Rosenberg Lawyer Divorce
- Energy Corridor Divorce Lawyer Consultation
- Jersey Village Find A Divorce Lawyer
- Spring Find A Divorce Lawyer
- The Woodlands Uncontested Divorce Attorney
- Pearland International Divorce Lawyer
- Greatwood Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Fulshear International Divorce Lawyer
- Pasadena Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Piney Point Village Find A Divorce Lawyer
- Hedwig Village Divorce Lawyers For Women
- Oak Forest Best Family Law Attorney
- Sienna Plantation Best Family Law Attorney
- Pecan Grove Women Divorce Lawyers
- Aliana Divorce Lawyer Consultation
- West University Best Family Law Attorney
- Greenspoint Attorney Family
- Champion Forest Attorney Family
- Willowbrook Best Family Law Attorney
- Humble Female Divorce Lawyers
- Kingwood Divorce Lawyer Consultation
- Atascocita International Divorce Lawyer
- Cypress Find A Divorce Lawyer
- Hunters Creek Village Divorce Lawyers For Women
- Spring Valley Village Female Divorce Attorney
- New Territory International Divorce Lawyer
- Stafford Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Westchase Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Briarforest Attorney Family
- Memorial Divorce Attorney Fees
- Heights Uncontested Divorce Attorney
- River Oaks Divorce Attorney Fees
- Montrose Divorce Lawyer Consultation
- Upper Kirby Find A Divorce Lawyer
- Midtown Divorce Lawyers For Men
- Rice Military Divorce Lawyers For Men
- East Downtown Attorney Family
- Greenway Divorce Lawyer Consultation
- Clear Lake Female Divorce Lawyers
- Downtown Lawyer Divorce
- Galleria Divorce Attorney Fees
- Tomball Divorce Lawyer Consultation
- Hobby Area Female Divorce Attorney
- Rice Village Best Divorce Lawyers
- Museum District Best Family Law Attorney
- Sharpstown Attorney Family
- Gulfton Female Divorce Attorney
- Shadow Creek Ranch Find A Divorce Lawyer
- Quail Valley Divorce Lawyers For Men
- Sweetwater Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Alvin Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Friendswood Divorce Attorney Fees
- Baytown Female Divorce Lawyers
- La Porte Best Family Law Attorney
- Kemah Divorce Lawyers For Women
- La Marque Women Divorce Lawyers
- Texas City Uncontested Divorce Lawyers
- Galveston Divorce Lawyers For Men
- Rosharon Female Divorce Lawyers
- Angleton Female Divorce Lawyers
- Space Center Uncontested Divorce Attorney
- Theater District Lawyer Divorce